Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blog Catch up - Part 7: Peas Please

We decided to go ahead and move to veggies. Chris and I have decided to make our own baby food. Last weekend we spent the whole weekend making a stash of baby food. We made sweet potatoes, Broccoli, Squash and Carrots.
I couldn't find any peas at the store so I went ahead and bought baby food peas from the store. We decided since we were still in the middle of making the food we'd start with the canned stuff. Plus I thought starting with Peas would be funny. I LOVE Peas. Chris HATES Peas. Every since he was a baby he hated peas. Ginny said that even when he was an infant Chris would spit peas right back at her when she tried them. That is pretty much the same reaction we still get today as an adult. Due to the family drama with peas I decided it would be an appropriate food to start with. Chris grabbed the video camera. I was bracing myself for projectile peas coming back at me. Kase loved them. It even came with a YUMMMMMM. It was so cute. He savored those peas and swished them around his mouth a bit and talked about how much he liked them. We've been making the yummy noise with him while eating his cereal and he's caught on to that.
In this video its hard to hear but you can hear him going "mmmmmm" when he takes a bite! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

Wow, Kase! You're a pro!!! Wanna come teach Gabriel? We started on sweet potatoes. He's still making up his mind. lol

Heather said...

Too cute! I miss ya'll!!!!

Amanda & Brian said...

Yeah...we are trying peas this week. He hates them. He pushes them out with his tongue and then keeps his lips pursed.

Anonymous said...

Happens even more cheerfully :)