Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a weekend!

This weekend was the annual D'Hanis Youth Association benefit dinner. We go every year. They have what they call a reverse raffle, which we never win. This year we got so close. The last 5 in the bucket get a cash prize. We were in the last set called out just before the last prize before the cash. So the whole night I was on pins and needles hoping to win the money. Oh well it was still a fun evening. My mom came to hang out with Kase while we were out at the dinner.

Sunday was a fun filled day. We had some Kase and Mommy time. Kase was not feeling well for part of the day. Poor guy has had his first bout with constipation. So I'm going to call the Pediatrician in the morning to see what we can do for him. I feel so bad because he's in so much pain and just tries to go and screams. :(

Even though we had a rough day we still managed to have a little bit of fun. The big news is that he sat up for the first time. He was laying down and I look over and he was sitting up. It was for a very short time as he fell over side ways. He loves sitting up so I knew it was only a matter of time before he would figure it out on his own. It is kind of funny that he tries to sit up but doesn't roll over much. I know he can do it. I've seen it with my own eyes but chooses not to I think. He likes to do things when he wants to do it on his terms. It's very cute now but I'm sure in the future that might lead to a few groundings. :)

The other very funny thing is Kase has had his first introduction to Tim Burton. We decided to watch The Corpse Bride. Kase was very amused with the movie. Check out the video of him experiencing the craziness that is Tim Burton for the first time!



2 comments:

Heather said...

I especially love the slow panning as the drool streams down to mommy's leg :)

Amanda & Brian said...

Sadly...that is my child over everything on the TV. He's our little TV zombie.

Can't believe he's sitting up! Craziness!!!

Gabriel is about "this close" to starting cereal. We keep hitting 30-33 oz. I bought some. We'll see if we get to use it or not.