Sunday, October 4, 2009

First words?!?



Kase sitting on the floor playing.



Enjoying a football game with daddy!

Nap time to recover from the fun!


More napping!


Trying to crawl, Getting so close!


Last weekend Chris, Kase and I were in the car heading into town. It was very quite in the car and all of the sudden Kase said "mama." Chris and I both turned to each other and laughed. We both chalked it up to baby talk not thinking that it meant anything. Pretty much just baby babble coming from the back seat. I didn't get my hopes up and classify this as his first word. Over the course of this week, the ladies at the day care swore he said "dada." He also says "baba" but I don't think he has any idea what he is saying nor does he identify what he's saying to an item. Well that was until yesterday. Chris still thinks I'm crazy and it doesn't count but I think it does. :) Last night Chris was holding Kase and giving him his night time bottle before bed. Kase was really fidgety and was acting like he didn't want to be held. Kase turned around and looked at me and said mama. Then again today we were playing on the floor and Kase said mama as I got up to walk off. Most websites out there say that kids really don't say their first word until 13-18months. But other web sites say that you count the babbling of the mama and dada between 6-9 months? I dunno?

Until further notice I'm counting it!

Kase will be 7 months old tomorrow. He is growing so fast and reaching so many milestones. He sits pretty well now. As long as he is focused on the toy he is holding he will sit by himself for several minutes. No official crawling just yet. He scoots on his belly and rolls to get where he wants to go. He made it down the hallway and into the office the other day on his own. He doesn't have any teeth yet either. He has two little bumps on the bottom but no change in the last few weeks. You can tell its bugging him, he bites everything and drools buckets. I'm hoping that the tooth will come soon so he can have some relief.

Here are some pictures from the last week! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Amanda & Brian said...

Awww...what a cutie pie he is. Fun that he's babbling. Gabriel hasn't started that yet.

Also...Gabriel's tooth popped through about a week after his cold ended so hopefully Kase's will too.