Monday, October 5, 2009

Our first injury

My little boy had his first little injury last night :(. Kase was rolling around on the floor playing with all of his toys. He rolled over and bonked his head on the TV console. He didn't hit it very hard but he did start to cry. Daddy picked him up and he said mama and tried to come to me. I held him for a few minutes and then put him in the bath. Once he was in the bath I noticed a little bump on his forehead. It wasn't even big enough to get a picture of :(. Of course being the paranoid mommy that I am... I had to google how to tell if an infant has a concussion.

We had a long night last night too. Kase has a stuffy nose and he seems like he's teething. He didn't sleep from about 2 till 4. So mommy is very very tiered.

Also today was Kase's 7 month birthday. He is growing so fast. I am excited for all his milestones but it makes me sad too. Last night while up at 2 am. I was rocking him in my arms trying to get him to go back to sleep and it brought back memories of the first few weeks we had him home. I used to be able to hold him in one arm and now it takes two. Its amazing to me now how big he is and that he ever fit in my tummy.

Kase did get to have a little special fun today. His cousin Jackson turned 1 yesterday. Jackson brought in cupcakes at the day care for his birthday. Kase doesn't like sweets but he did love to tear up the cupcake. He liked to feel the difference of the texture of the icing versus the cake. The cupcakes were green, so he looks like a little munchkin.

No comments: